Welcome

Welcome to the blog for the Oregon Ferret Shelter! Ideally, this will be a nice venue for friends of the shelter to get information about what is going on with the shelter. Or maybe just to view some funny gifs.

To get to the Oregon Ferret Shelter's main website, please visit OregonFerretShelter.org


Thursday, June 3, 2010

I miss Monsieur Ferret


Monsieur Ferret was a really great guy who died last week. Even though he had a difficult case of Irritable Bowel Disease that made him almost impossible to adopt out, he was a huge sweetheart, kind and cuddly to everyone.

Monsieur was one of my shelter favorites. I first took to him because I was kind of sad that his owner had not given him a real name. (I mean, his name means "Mr. Ferret" in French, FFS.) Then, as I got to know Monsieur, I fell in love with his great personality and his winsome ways. I was sad that he needed so much extra care and medications because, in every other way, he was a low-maintenance, go-with-the-flow kind of guy.

I feel sad that he had to live at the shelter for so long. But I am glad that he got to meet so many people who grew to love him. I hope that he is happy now. If anyone deserves to be happy and free of pain, Monsieur does.

No comments: